Most women greatly benefit from exercising during pregnancy. Regular exercise during pregnancy reduces back pain, eases constipation, may decrease the risk of gestational diabetes, preeclampsia, and cesarean delivery. It also promotes healthy weight gain during pregnancy, improves overall general fitness and strengthens heart and blood vessels and helps new moms lose the baby weight after the baby is born.
This sounds great but working out during pregnancy is not as simple as just 'listening to your body'. In this class, Caitlin Ritt, a pre/postnatal master trainer answers some of the common questions about exercising safely during pregnancy and offers practical tools to have a healthy and strong pregnancy and a better recovery postpartum!
- Structural changes during pregnancy
- The core and diaphragmatic breathing
- Pregnancy considerations: diastasis recti
- Pregnancy considerations: pelvic girdle pain
- Pregnancy considerations: round ligament pain
- Pregnancy considerations: pelvic organ prolapse (POP)
- Pregnancy considerations: urinary incontinence
- Exercise goals, workout suggestions, risks & rewards
- Beyond the six week checkup
- Workout suggestions
Ms. Ritt is the Founder of The Lotus Method, previous professional ballet dancer and Pre/Postnatal Master Trainer at The Sports Club LA. She has over 11 years experience exclusively training prenatal and postpartum women. She considers it an honor to lead her team towards the mission of creating a world where women know how to care for themselves as well as they know how to care for their own babies.
The Lotus Method is the personalized fitness method designed specifically for future, expecting and new mothers. The Lotus Method helps women feel strong and confident during one of the most challenging physical events most women will ever endure, pregnancy, labor and motherhood.